March 21, 2007

Houston we have a problem


Page 1 , last page , next page

So things were going just fine & dandy until I setup the windshield today.

What I found is the windhield sides are much more close to vertical than the upper cabin sides.

This is due to several factors.

1. I chose to modify my bow and sheerline to be more like the Beddoe Bow and a more pronounced curve of the sheer line.
2. I also moved my rear cuddy bulkhead 8" forward of station 6.

Doing this made Neal's template not work quite as intended.

Soooo... I have decided that since I like how the windshield looks I am going to recut the rear cabin bulkhead panels. While it is a setback it is only one day and two sheets of 1/2" plywood. So tomorrow I recoup.

On the bright side I will diminish the "ledge" between the two side panels which I wasn't entirely happy with anyway.

.